Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Data Lost, Source Found

Well, I did say, "on a semi-daily basis...” I am back again, with no thought in my head as to what subjects shall come from the fingertips pounding on these keys. I am going to write...about what, I never know until I get to clear my mind through this very process.

Considering I just had my hard drive crash and I did not (yes, I’ll say it again: DID NOT) back up any of my data in say, what, a whole year...I guess I can talk about how devastated I am at the loss of data. How silly we (a-hem, that would be, me) can be in knowing something like that can happen and we (again...ME) turn the other way instead of preparing for that possibility. Nevertheless, alas, something good has come from this loss.

My only consolation is in knowing that whatever thoughts I had back then to create those creative works of poetry, anecdotes or amazing thoughts that graced my plentiful pages, can be driven from the source yet again in the creation of newer, fresher, more exciting pieces of work.


I never claimed to have momentary genius, but truthfully, when you tap into that source of all-knowing, somehow the words just magically appear in just the right order, at just the right moment in time. That magical flow of prose that surprises me each time I finish writing.

So, suffice it to say, back up or no back up, I know I will continue to write and create pieces of work that in some way will touch someone else, God willing, somewhere along the line. One day I am sure that even as I type something new, the core of who I am remembers what was lost and will tap into that to make sense of the moment...the need...the purpose of the opportunity to connect with someone else...and it will be reborn.

REBORN.

That's what it is all about anyway...

Caio for now!

No comments: